Friday 29 March 2013

AD&D second edition updated mechanics - a word of introduction

Since one of my all time favourite rpg games is AD&D 2e I have always struggled to convince my gaming companions to come to like and play it.
Alas the system's archaic mechanics and a few really out of this world assumptions (as common as they should seem in a fantasy setting) made them mock the game and show disrespect to this grandmother of all rpgs.
Some of its core rules simply beg for an update. And after a bit of research on the latest editions and mods of the game (nod to Pathfinder) I found out with great surprise that some of the biggest logic gaps (and party poopers) are still gaping at the new generations of gamers.
This cannot be!

So with that short introduction I would like to propose my shot at the AD&D 2e core mechanics that should add up to the overall gaming experience and satisfaction.
For all you desperate and romantic people who still believe that Second Edition is the one and only.

No comments:

Post a Comment